• From december 14th to january 07 "Go Local" : Marigot Waterfront every Wednesdays from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm and Sundays from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm, the local population and visitors will enjoy and taste the island's flavours, danse, live music...
• from january to may : Harmony Nights, every tuesdays in Grand Case from 7.00pm piedestran street with dance,concert, live bands, stands of local arts and crafts and of course the art galleries, shops and many restaurant.
• Sunday 1st to 25th february : Carnival Celebration
• Sunday 22 february: Main parade in Marigot, 2.00pm.
• Sunday 15 february : Children Parade - schools , 3.00pm.
• From 27 february for 3 months: Jazz concerts and poetry readings in the "Mairie"'s square Every Third friday of the mounth .
|March 2009|| |
• Thursday 05 February : 29th edition - Port de plaisance Heineken Regatta party
• Friday 06 February : 29th edition - Kim Sha Beach Heineken Regatta party
• Saturday 07 February : 29th edition - Waterfront marigot Heineken Regatta party
• Sunday 08 February : 29th edition - Kim Sha Beach Heineken Regatta party
• April 15th to May 5th : St. Maarten’s 40th Carnival celebration..
• 13 april : Easter Monday, bank holiday.
• 30 april : Queen Birthday (dutch).
• 1st may : "Fish Day", at Cul de Sac village from from 8am to 4pm.
• ? may : Captain Oliver's & Carib Beer Regatta
• Pentecote : Tradition family pic-nics on the beaches.
• 21 and 22 may : Nautical Fair A nautical Fair, a week-end of nautical activities, demonstration of water sports & musical entertainment (marigot).
• 23 to 27 may : Black Heritage week, anniversary of the abolishment of slavery.
• Around th 20th of june : 11th Edition of the St-Martin Billfish Tournament..
• 20 and 21 june : Summer Heat Music festival, a weekend of musical entertainments all over the french side.
• 1st july : Emancipation Day in Sint-Maarten.
• Colombier day activities : Best Ram goat on the island contest St Martin Food Festival. Fun- fill day highlighting local and Caribbean traditional dishes.
• 14 july : Bastille Day. Bank Holiday with festivities and fire-works.
• 21 july : Grand Case village,challenge of small island made boats consisting of a captain and crew members from both sides of the island and Anguilla, competes through the channel of St Martin (Marigot Waterfront), and Anguilla for the annual trophee in a festive atmosphere.
• august : Film festival, a week-end of movies on display in an outdoor atmosphère in the various villages. Free Summer at 7.30 pm.
• August Monday on the beach in Anguilla.
• august : Sandy-Ground village's day Fun filled family day surrounded by the most popular traditional and cultural games and music.
• 7th Caribbean Quest Musical Awards.
• 16 september : "Artists corner Exposition" of local artists (7th edition).
• 21 october : Antillean Day.
• 31 october : Halloween
• 11 november : St Martin/St Maarten's Day French Quarter's village day Fun filled family day surrounded by the most popular traditional and cultural games and music. And Armistice Day.
• 18 to 27 november : "Alliance race", 4 days of exceptional sailing, parties and show (3nd edition).
• First week :Election of Miss Caraibes Hibiscus (17th edition).
• 2nd week : Charter Yacht Exhibition (4nd edition).
• 18 december : 9th annual Pudding, tartes and Guavaberry competition.
• 26 december : Boxing day.
• 31 december : Fireworks on the waterfront in Marigot.